TERMS OF SERVICE
VertaMedia LLC (“VertaMedia”) respects the privacy rights of our users and is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to this website, any newsletters subscribed to via this website, or other digital properties, as expressly indicated by VertaMedia, such as through a link or other display of this Privacy Notice (collectively, “Website”).
Collection And Use Of Your Personal Information
VertaMedia collects personal information that you choose to provide or that we receive from other sources. This may include personal information you provide through the Website or third-party websites.
We may obtain the following types of personal information in connection with the Website:
· Name, email address, or other contact information
· Online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, preferences, and information regarding a user’s interaction (including reading habits) with an Internet website, application, advertisement
Personal information is obtained directly from you, from others authorized to provide the information, from activity on the Website, and from other parties with whom we work, such as service providers, business partners, advertisers, advertising technology providers, advertising servers, data analytics providers, and social networks. If you submit personal information about others, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so and that you have received authorization from the person about whom you are providing the information and that person has consented to have all information used, disclosed, and transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We use this information for carefully considered purposes that also benefit our customers and which include some or all of the following:
· to provide and facilitate our services and products
· to operate our services, products, and systems properly
· to communicate with you
· to help VertaMedia improve, upgrade, or enhance our services and products and develop new services and products
· to provide support for our services and products
· to maintain the quality and safety of products and services and for internal quality control purposes, including debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
· to provide you with offers and promotions about services and products of VertaMedia or of other parties that may be of interest to you
· to create a “lookalike audience” or “matched audience” of (prospective) customers for targeted advertising on social media platforms
· to enhance your experience with the Website, including saving your preferences and login information, creating hashed identifiers that can be used to help us identify you on our site and third-party sites, providing customized content or contextual advertisements, and providing tailored advertisements on our site and third-party sites
· to analyze website usage, analyze the use of the Website, analyze and measure ad impressions, and to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of VertaMedia or others and to monitor compliance with and enforce the terms of any agreement with VertaMedia
· to monitor to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and hold those responsible for that activity
You may instruct VertaMedia at any time not to use your personal information covered by this Privacy Notice to provide you with offers and promotions by emailing us at: [email protected] Please also note that this opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
VertaMedia may disclose your personal information with our affiliates (including affiliated websites under common ownership or control) and designated service providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. VertaMedia may also disclose to third parties, including advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks, your use of our or other websites, including online identifier, Internet Protocol address, and Internet or other electronic network activity information, and the services provided by us for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. VertaMedia may disclose your personal information (excluding security photographs or video) with a sponsor or other third party (“Third-Party Provider”) that provides you with offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. You may instruct VertaMedia at any time not to share your personal information covered by this Privacy Notice with such Third-Party Providers by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that this opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
VertaMedia may also disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, rule, or regulation or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes; (b) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of VertaMedia or others; (c) monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on this Website; (d) provide our services and products; (e) perform other activities related to such services and products; (f) provide you with offers, promotions or advertisements from VertaMedia; or (g) operate the systems that provide our services and products properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or other third parties is not the responsibility of VertaMedia. Instead, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
Accuracy, Security, And Retention Of Your Personal Information
Any personal information you provide to VertaMedia is kept on secure servers. VertaMedia uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal information. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the logon ID and password you may have set up in connection with your participation in the Website’s services. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons and/or legal and regulatory requirements.
Rights With Respect To Your Personal Information
Depending on the jurisdiction, you may have the right to access, correct, delete, or restrict the use of certain personal information covered by this Privacy Notice. Depending on the jurisdiction, you may also have the right to request that we refrain from processing personal information. Please bear in mind that exercising such rights may affect our ability to provide our products and services. For inquiries about your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]. While VertaMedia will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests if allowed or required by applicable laws.
Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information To Other Countries
Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this Privacy Notice may involve transferring and processing your personal information to and in various countries that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By using our products and services, you acknowledge and agree to such transfers and processing, including to and in the United States. We implement appropriate safeguards, which may include but are not limited to European Commission standard data protection clauses, to protect your personal information that is transferred.
Links To Third-Party Services
VertaMedia may provide links or access to third-party websites or other digital properties, including social networking websites. Since we do not control third-party digital properties and are not responsible for any information, you may provide while on such digital properties, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such digital properties.
Questions Regarding This Privacy Notice
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected]. Please include “Privacy” in the Subject line of your inquiry. If you have complaints about VertaMedia’s processing of your personal information, you may have the right to contact the applicable supervisory authority.
Modifications To This Privacy Notice
VertaMedia reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time by indicating revisions through the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Privacy Notice. Such changes will be effective upon posting.